Skip to main content

Finding Work

I'm writing this based on my experience as a Site Reliability Engineer and as someone who helped a few friends in their job search. While I try to cover as much as possible, there will be gaps in my knowledge and experience.


I find tips on this area highly opinionated and subjective. Like everything else, finding work is a probabilistic process. You can do everything right and still not get the job. You can do everything wrong and still get the job. The goal is to increase your chances of getting the job so don't take advices as rules and find what works for you.


Like most things in life, make sure you're covering 80% of the basics before you start optimizing for the remaining 20%. Also, this process is not linear and you can take iterative approach to it.